Next Telecom SIP as ISDN replacement.
Contact an Australian based Cloud Communications expert now
SIP Trunking FAQ
What is SIP Trunking?
SIP Trunking is the delivery of incoming and outgoing phone calls over a data connection using a combination of session initiation protocol (SIP) and real-time transport protocol (RTP). Put simply, it is a dial tone over the Internet.
Can SIP trunks replace ISDN services?
Yes SIP Trunks make the ideal ISDN replacement technology. In most cases they will also lead to cost savings over ISDN services that are being decommissioned.
How many SIP Trunks do I need?
A SIP Trunk consists of a number of SIP lines or channels. Each SIP line can carry one simultaneous call – so a trunk with six lines can be used for up to six concurrent inbound or outbound calls. A general guide is to divide the number of users by 2-5, but that should only be used as a guide and will vary based on how you use telephony.
Is SIP call quality good?
Most business grade internet connections are totally suitable for SIP and a good quality SIP call is better than the best quality analogue call. It is important to choose a provider that uses a Tier-1 network and you should ensure you have enough internet bandwidth to support the expected number of concurrent calls. Voice quality is dependent on bandwidth, and your connection’s latency and jitter.
Can I keep my current phone numbers?
Absolutely. You are able to move your existing phone numbers across to this service.
Is SIP the same thing as VoIP?
Although SIP and VoIP are sometimes used interchangeably, they are not the same thing. The term VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. It is a broad term that covers any phone call made over the Internet. The term encompasses a group of protocol technologies of which SIP is an example i.e. SIP is one of the specific protocols that enable VoIP.
SIP Trunking Features
- Save on call costs compared to ISDN or PSTN – PAYG or unlimited call plans.
- 100 Number DID ranges available.
- Keep your existing numbers. We can port in ISDN and PSTN phone numbers.
- NBN ready SIP service available prior to the copper cut off.
- Use your existing phone system with a IP card or a SIP gateway.
- No physical limit to the number of channels you can use.
- Flexibility to meet your business demands – increase or decrease channels when you need to.
- Connect to the Cloud – enables a seamless and simple upgrade to a full Cloud solution down the track.
- Easy upgrade to MS Teams Calling.
- A Private, secure data network carries SIP voice Traffic.
- Guaranteed call quality and backed up with Service Level Agreements.